Update 2/4/2020 – 2020 – 2021 Enrollment is now closed.
North Fond du Lac School District families who wish to have their student(s) attend Treffert Way School for the Exceptional Mind please read requirements below.
Requirements for Enrollment within the School District of North Fond du Lac
- Must be a student enrolled in or open-enrolled into the North Fond du Lac School District
- Must be a 5K through 7th grade level student for the 2020-2021 school year.
Application to and attendance at Treffert Way is voluntary and no tuition is charged. Students who do not wish to attend or are not admitted into Treffert Way may attend their home school or their home district.
If the number of applicants from exceeds available seats (45 seats), a lottery will be employed. The names of students on the waiting list will be recorded in the order in which they were drawn. The waiting list will dissolve September 30th, 2021.
Enrollment Process for Students outside the District
Families interested in having their child attend Treffert Way will need to complete the Enrollment Application (link). They will be available online no later than January 14, 2019. In addition, out of district students must also complete the open-enrollment process through the School District of North Fond du Lac and be accepted into the School District of North Fond du Lac for the 2020-2021 school year.
If a lottery is needed, it will be held on February 18, 2020. All students will be notified including those who were placed on the waitlist. Individual acceptance of open enrollment students will occur after February 20th, 2020 pending North Fond du Lac School Board approval.
- The lottery will be videotaped and kept on file for one calendar year.
- Each application will have a numbered ticket attached to it; a duplicate ticket will be placed in a drum or similar container. Applicants of the same family will receive just one numbered ticket.
- A governance board member of the Treffert Way will draw numbers from the drum or similar container and the names of the students will be written down in order, until the maximum is reached.
- Numbers will then be drawn to form a waiting list. The names of the students will be recorded for the waiting list in the order that they are drawn.
Waiting List Protocols
- Students will be called from the waiting list in the order they were placed when seats become available. Families will either accept the open seat or decline it. By declining the seat, the student is removed from the waiting list. If a family wants to be considered for the following year for the next grade, they would need to reapply.
- The waitlist will remain active until September 30, 2020. At that time, no new students will be accepted for the school year. There is the opportunity to re-apply for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Periodically, the administration will review enrollment to determine if and how many seats are available for calling up students from the waiting list.
- Application Process for next year Opens on January 14, 2020
- Application process closes Tuesday, February 4, 2020 at the close of school.
- Lottery date – February 18, 2020
- Notification of enrollment status via letter to parents – February 20, 2020.