North Fond du Lac School District families who wish to have their student(s) attend Treffert Way School for the Exceptional Mind please read requirements below. To enroll online click here, or download Treffert Way PDF Application
Requirements for Enrollment within the School District of North Fond du Lac
- Must be a student enrolled in or open-enrolled into the North Fond du Lac School District
- Must be a 5K through 6th grade level student for the 2019-2020 school year.
(Due to DPI requirements, a few updates to this enrollment process have been made.) Application to and attendance at Treffert Way is voluntary and no tuition is charged. Students who do not wish to attend or are not admitted into Treffert Way may attend their home school or their home district.
Parents will enroll their children by completing an Intent to Enroll form. A parent/guardian is encouraged to attend an informational meeting in order to assure understanding of the nature and work of the school. If parents would like to proceed with the enrollment process they will be asked to complete an application. If the number of applicants from exceeds available seats (40 seats), a lottery will be employed. The names of students on the waiting list will be recorded in the order in which they were drawn. The waiting list will roll over from year to year.
Families will receive information about Treffert Way through press release, social media, and radio announcements in late December and early January.
NOTE: If a current North Fond du Lac student changes their mind and wishes to apply to Treffert Way after the enrollment period is closed, they must follow the out of district rules.
Enrollment Process for Students outside the District
Families interested in having their child attend Treffert Way will need to complete an Intent to Enroll form. They will be available online no later than January 14, 2019, and available in the school office. If more out of district students apply than the number of seats available a lottery will be held.
If a lottery is needed, it will be held on (NEW DATE) March 11, 2019
February 25, 2019. All students will be notified including those who were placed on the waitlist. Individual acceptance of open enrollment students will occur after April 18, 2019 pending North Fond du Lac School Board approval.
- The lottery will be videotaped and kept on file for one calendar year.
- Each application will have a numbered ticket attached to it; a duplicate ticket will be placed in a drum or similar container. Applicants of the same family will receive just one numbered ticket.
- A governance board member of the Treffert Way will draw numbers from the drum or similar container and the names of the students will be written down in order, until the maximum is reached.
- Numbers will then be drawn to form a waiting list. The names of the students will be recorded for the waiting list in the order that they are drawn.
Waiting List Protocols
- Students will be called from the waiting list in the order they were placed when seats become available. Families will either accept the open seat or decline it. By declining the seat, the student is removed from the waiting list. If a family wants to be considered for the following year for the next grade, they would need to reapply.
- The waiting list is carried over from year to year. Example, if a student is number 4 on the section one waiting list, the following year, you are number 4 in line for an open seat for that section. If you are in grade three (section 1), your name would be moved to the waiting list for grade 4 (section two).
- Periodically, the administration will review enrollment to determine if and how many seats are available for calling up students from the waiting list.
- January 14th to February 8th- North Fond du Lac School District families and Out of district families fill out an Intent to Enroll Form.
- February 19, 21, 27- Attend one of the informational meetings and fill out an application for the Treffert Way.
- NEW DATE – March 11, 2019
February 25, 2019– If needed a lottery to determine who will be sitting in the 40 seats.
- March and April- Staff will be in contact to outline your students personalized education plan.