Treffert Way is an Instrumentality Charter School. This means it is part of the North Fond du Lac School District and the school’s leaders and staff are district employees. Even so, it is still a Charter School and that means:
- It is exempt from significant State and local rules that inhibit flexible operation.
- It is a public school operated under public supervision and direction.
- Its educational objectives are determined by the educational team and Governance Board.
- Parents freely choose to send their children to the school.
- The school has a written performance contract with the school district.
- The Governance Board plays a substantive role in directing and supporting the school.